Monday, January 11, 2010

Winter Update

It certainly has been a busy few months to say the least. With Jordan having the lead roll in A Christmas Story as Ralphie, it kept me on the go on a daily basis. Jacob was at my side most of the time, making him a great lil brother not complaining at all as he sat at GEVA waiting for the rehearsals to be over.
Jordan's first show proved to be harder on mom and dad than Jordan. While he was a bit nervous, we were ready to throw up! I felt dizzy and light headed. How goofy for me, not the one even going on the stage! He did GREAT! Tears filled my eyes as I saw him do such a great job!
Each show had something a little different as Jordan was feeling his way around with artistic creativity. His shows got better and better! There were a couple of hitches, some with him some not....he even performed sick, throwing up in the dressing room 3 minutes after getting off the stage! I told him to suck it up and act like actors do and did he ever! I was proud that he "sucked it up" but felt bad that he really was so sick. That was the day the Howard's came to visit, and stayed for Christmas! It was great for us to have the Howard's with us during this time, as none of us were feeling in the holiday mood. (None of us adults I should say.) As almost everyone took turns with the stomach bug, our Christmas holiday was full of sick little ones, both mine and the Howard's. Jacob and I are the only ones in our family that didn't throw up. (Knock on wood!)
During our hectic fall and start of winter...there were football games and somehow Korey and I got roped into working at the concession stand for the home games! I have to say that we had fun together working in the stand. I was approached to take it over for next year, but then a different calling came my way, to be President of the Football Boosters. While I didn't even vote for myself, I still was elected. So this is the month that I start my official duties! I am a bit nervous, but I will put my all into it!
Lil Korey is now into the wrestling season, and with this comes concession stands, but so far only Big Korey has worked those, due to me being at the theater with Jordan. I told Big Korey not to volunteer me for the stands at this time. haha.
With the new year here, we realized that Jacob only has 9 months left to being home with me and will then he will be in kindergarten! It is sad, but we see his growth and love for pre-school, so he will love getting to go to kindergarten. He is ready in every way....it is mom and dad that are not ready.
Next up for Jordan...an audition for James and the Giant Peach...wish him luck!

2 comments:

A.Pandina said...

Aw, good luck Ralphie...I mean Jordan! Thanks Carol for updating, it's nice to see what your family has been up to.

Samantha still asks about Korey, she really is smitten with him. :)

Jonathan and Cheri said...

Hi Carol, thanks for the nicest comment! I have a plotter and cut my own words out and it is great because I have a lot of fun fonts =) I can cut out anything for you. Cost would be paper and small fee for my time and blade use - probably similar, but cheaper to what vinyl lettering cost.