Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Thanksgiving and Anniversary?

Well, I am behind the times by 3 weeks, but Happy Thanksgiving...and Happy Anniversary to me 15 years. So, this was the year that our Anniversary and Thanksgiving landed on the same day. It is so hard to believe that 15 years has come and gone already. It was also the first Thanksgiving that my parents spent in Tennessee away from the family. I filled my home with some family and LOTS of friends. We had the DeGraffs, the Vannans, and the Howards came all the way from their new home in Michigan. What great fun we had with the Howards here visiting us. We had such good times. Late nights, early mornings...back to our guest list...and few of the men in black, aka the Elders. It was lots of fun. Korey really praised my meal and the whole holiday. I braised our turkey for the first time, and while it was really easy to do, I was worried that it was too easy to prepare to turn out as juicy as my recipe claimed. But, Korey said that it was the BEST turkey EVER. I was so proud of my self. Tamara made some rockin gravy with the drippings.Our Anniversary kind of took the back burner, but that was ok because we were truly thankful that we had so many loved ones around us. We missed my parents greatly and even though they were not with us in body they were with us in spirit.
The only real recognition of the anniversary was the post that I put into the Democrat and Chronicle, the city paper...it was cute telling Korey that he would be MY turkey today, tomorrow and forever and for always. Getting him to see it in the paper took a little help from friends. Our friend Jim Vannan did a ride along with him in the police car, and told a little lie about needing the news paper for coupons or something...and started reading it and said, hey listen to what this ad says....and Korey did not believe him....but it was true.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Hi Carol,

My name is Wendy and I'm from Australia. We have not met before but I know your husband Korey. Korey served in Australia back in 1990(?)

I lost contact with Korey for over 10 years now. What prompt me to google his name? I was watching a movie 'The Alphabet Killer' and saw a cop who looks like Korey so I decided to investigate. I found your blog instead.

Please pass on my greetings to Korey. If he wishes to keep in touch I'm in facebook or Korey can email me wenzs@hotmail.com

By-the-way, belated happy anniversary (27 Nov). I kept the the wedding invitation :o)

Wishing you happy holidays and best wishes in the new year.

Wendy Sia
Australia

Carol said...

Oh my GOSH!!! I can't wait to tell him. He IS in that movie!! He is a police officer in the city that those murders happened. They went to the officers to see if they wanted to be in it! I will give him your information!! I am on facebook, I will look you up for him. He won't get a facebook.